As a Drascombe enthusiast, past / present or just a sailing person that would like to have a boat out in the Greek Ionian to which your family, friends and yourself could escape to for breaks and holidays, this is the perfect solution. Own a share in one of our totally restored Luggers!
We often hear from guests that it is in fact the men that generally love to sail, to have the peace and tranquillity on the water whilst enjoying tinkering about on an iconic classic boat. The women however, are sometimes quite happy to have time relaxing, reading a book and sipping cocktails by the pool knowing that with the high quality accommodation at either a Villa, Hotel, Taverna or apartment there will be no nights spent in stuffy, hot yacht cabins without air con or insect screens. You will have all the home comforts including swimming pool at your disposal and last but not least the Lugger option at the bottom of the garden to use as and when you wish.
With the Dragon Drascombe management package your prize ownership share will be looked after, avoiding maintenance and unnecessary renewals, we will look after your interest, so you just have to arrive and set about enjoying the time in the sunny Ionian on the Lugger.
The Dragon Drascombe Yearly Management Programme
- Dragon Drascombe will take great care of the Lugger when ashore in the secure compound.
- The Lugger will be cleaned and prepared for your arrival and be at your accommodation of choice, secured on their jetty with fuel and provisions you might request.
- We will liaise with yourselves as a Syndicate to book your accommodation ready for your visit. The cost of accommodation and transfers are not included in your Syndicate share and these options can be seen on our website. For instance a 2 bedded apartment at the splendid Gialos Taverna and Apartments is just £450 per week for 2 persons and includes breakfast. The higher end is the Villa Eleanor, which has 2 bedrooms and sleeps 4, in low season its £1200 per week.
- From the end of September to the end of April we will have the Lugger stored, fully covered in our secure compound. She will be winterised, engine cleaned and serviced, all rigging, sails, cushions fully cleaned and removed to our secure workshop. This includes the yard fees.
- A major benefit to you as a Syndicate member is that you will have the full support from the Dragon Drascombe staff, with local sailing advice, weather forecasts, booking of ancillary activities for families with children. Lastly, with our Atlantic 21 fast rib Warrior Spirit, we will be on station to act as a back up safety boat during daytime hours, all liaised with our staff.
The 1/4 Syndicate share in the delivered Lugger, giving you 5 weeks, will be £3750
The 1/5 Syndicate share in the delivered Lugger, giving you 4 weeks, will be £3000
These are one-off payments to own the share issue in the Syndicate, which covers the cost of restoring the Lugger and transporting her to Lefkas. As a Syndicate share owner you have the right to put your share up for sale, firstly to other share owners and then through Dragon Drascombe, as your agent.
In addition there is an annual cost which covers the ongoing care and maintenance, and secure storage over the winter. It does not cover accommodation.
The 1/4 share holder yearly cost is £850
The 1/5 share holder yearly cost is £680
We look forward to welcoming you to our Lugger Syndicate group.